Topics in Lead Service Line Replacement Implementation Workshop
Jersey Water Works Lead Service Line (LSL) Implementation Workgroup and New Jersey Water Association invite you to join us on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 11:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. for a workshop designed to help water utilities navigate the LSL replacement looming compliance deadlines.
Learn promising practices to navigate challenges around LSL replacement. Tap into several resources created to highlight strategies for more effective and efficient LSL replacement programs.
Why this matters:
The New Jersey statute (P.L. 2021, c.183) enacted on July 22, 2021 requires a series of compliance deadlines for action by public water systems pursuant to the removal of all Lead Service Lines (LSLs) within 10 years. Public water systems must develop a service line inventory and prepare a plan to replace all LSLs within 10 years by July 2022 (with updates thereafter) and must periodically notify customers whose property is served by a LSL. The NJ Department of Environmental Protection released its guidelines for the submission of the Lead Service Line Replacement Plan on May 17, 2022.
Who Should Attend:
- Water utility operators
- Municipal and county officials
- Licensed drinking water operators
- Professional engineers and certified public works managers
- Jersey Water Works members
What You’ll Learn:
- Promising practices for identifying service lines of unknown composition
- Mobilizing political will, model ordinance and community engagement
- How to create a successful LSLR Plan
- Promising practices for replacing LSLs
Accreditation: 2.0 Water Only -Training Content Hours(TCH) Course # 04062201-10